Monday, February 16, 2015

Ecumenical Ministry



I met the Pope a few weeks ago after giving a speech on the Consecrated Life in the Anglican Tradition. The full text of my speech is posted: www.franciscans.org.uk The whole event was at the invitation of the Institute for the Consecrated Life of the Vatican. We listened to a number of speeches, shared meals and some beautiful prayer: Vespers from the Roman Catholics one night, Orthodox prayers the next night and a beautiful Evensong at the Anglican Church in Rome the last night.

Following my quick handshake with His Holiness I traveled to Assisi, where I have been the Anglican Chaplain at St. Leonard's Church. The Bishop of Assisi allows the Anglicans to use the church. It is full of colorfully painted murals. Unfortunately no heat; that is added incentive to keep my remarks brief!

No comments: